turkey meatballs with spicy thai broth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: turkey meatballs with spicy thai broth Reply with quote

i had this tonight and thought i'd share the recipe, i've done it a few times and its always top notch Smile

minced turkey
spring/salad onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of chopped coriander
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 tablespoon cornflour
1/2 teaspoon chinese five spice
salt

a few spring/salad onions, thinly sliced, and sesame seeds, toasted, to serve

for the broth

300ml ( 10fl oz ) chicken stock
2 teaspoons thai red curry paste
2 teaspoons soy sauce
200g ( 7fl oz ) carton coconut cream
4 leaves cos/romaine lettuce, shredded
juice of half lime
salt & pepper

place the turkey, finely chopped spring onions, coriander, sherry, cornflower, chinese five spice and salt in a bowl and mix well together. shape into small balls. ( i usually get about 10 )

to make the broth, place the stock, curry paste and soy sauce in a large bowl and gently bring to the boil. season to taste then add the meatballs and simmer until the dumpings are cooked. stir in the coconut cream, lettuce leaves and lime juice and heat gently for another minute

ladle the broth into serving bowls, sprinkle over the spring onions and toasted sesame seeds.

sorted Smile

this does enough for two. with the quantity's mess and around and see what works best for you, i like quite a bit of onion and coriander in the meatballs, and usually double the chinese five spice ( 1 teaspoon ) and sherry ( 2 tablespoons ), and i find i don't usually need any salt in the broth ( the soy makes it salty enough )

hope you like it Smile
Twirley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke - that looks just yummy. I will definitely be trying it out. Thanks!!

food
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Luke .....Great pictures love .....and I will defo Try the recipe .....

A Question though ....I have never seen coconut cream like that ....I can get the packs of coconut cream....u know like the butter style packs or I can get coconut milk ....which one would be better ??? as there is a different taste ........

We also have a great big brand new super Asian store opened near by ...I will take a look there....But I have never seen it before .....

Again great pics .....

ps I have a ton of recipes to post .....I promice to get a few up in the next few days ...... Smile
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks yummy Luke....I'd have to tone it down a bit for me with the chili but I'll tuck that away in "recipes to try" Smile
luke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not sure really aja, i don't think its the milk - i've used that in other dishes, this is a cream - its a lot thicker. maybe the butter type then for you?

i checked the ingredients for you, coconut, water, stabiliser and emulsifier - notice it doesn't say coconut milk, so this must be just the actual coconut flesh they've creamed somehow ...

eefanican, its not madly spicy, my house mate doesn't like too spicy food and she likes this. but if you do try it, try just one spoon of curry paste first and give it a taste before putting in the meatballs

hope you enjoy it twirley Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: