George Galloway tells it as it is...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: George Galloway tells it as it is... Reply with quote

Galloway: OK to bomb PM
By VIRGINIA WHEELER
and GUY PATRICK

MP George Galloway was slammed as ?twisted? last night ? for saying an ASSASSINATION of Tony Blair would be morally justified. His comments came as it was revealed plans to protect the PM from terrorist attacks were lost in a security blunder.

He was asked: ?Would the assassination of, say, Tony Blair by a suicide bomber ? if there were no other casualties ? be justified as revenge for the war on Iraq??

Galloway, 51, replied: ?Yes, it would be morally justified. I am not calling for it ? but if it happened it would be of a wholly different moral order to the events of 7/7. It would be entirely logical and explicable. And morally equivalent to ordering the deaths of thousands of innocent people in Iraq ? as Blair did.?

The MP for Bethnal Green and Bow in East London, was interviewed in GQ magazine. Labour MP Stephen Pound said: ?These comments take my breath away. Galloway is disgraceful and truly twisted. Every time you think he can?t sink any lower he goes and stuns you again. It?s beyond reprehensible to say it would be justified for a suicide bomber to assassinate anyone.?

The Stop The War Coalition said: ?We don?t agree with Tony Blair?s actions. But neither do we agree with suicide bombers or assassinations

--------------------

His comment is perfectly reasonable if you ask me - he was asked to answer a moral hypothesis and he did so truthfully and with the same answer that anyone who had a decent understanding of the world would.

Blair is morally responsible for the deaths of thousands of Iraqis - so morally he is a fair target to those who have suffered. What's the big deal?!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Galloway is a walking "kook". He has one agenda, and he does not represent the people. Believe me, we have our share of kooks over here too. He never has anything intelligent to say, although I think he is an intelligent man. He's one of those "eccentrics".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
janbo1960

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He represents the voices of the people who voted for him.

He has more integrity in his little finger than most of the rest of the UK, Aus or US Politicians......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: