Serial Streaker banned!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Serial Streaker banned! Reply with quote

Serial Streaker To Fight Football Ban
Wednesday May 16, 2007
A serial streaker famous for targeting major sporting events has been slapped with a three-year football ban designed to stop him from baring all at the Uefa Cup final. Mark Roberts says he never intended to run naked at the match between Sevilla and Espanyol at Glasgow's Hampden Park on Wednesday. And the 42-year-old has vowed to fight the banning order. It stops him from entering every football ground in the UK and requires him to hand in his passport and register with the police whenever British teams play in Europe.

Mr Roberts believes Strathclyde police are behind the ban, accusing them of "sour grapes" over his last streak at the Glasgow ground. "I streaked at the Champions League final in Glasgow in 2002. I wore a tam o'shanter and had Brave Tart written on my back," he said. "I think the police up there have probably got a case of sour grapes against me because of that, but I can honestly say I had no intention of going to the Uefa Cup final or any other football match in the UK.

Mr Roberts says the ban is over the top, claiming he will never have his passport "for more than five minutes". "If they wanted to order me to stay away from the cup final, then fair enough, but why infringe on my life and my family life for three years?" he said.

Arguably Mr Roberts made his most famous streak in 1995, when he ran in front of the floating weather map used by ITV's This Morning program. Mr Roberts' other conquests include the Grand National and the American Super Bowl.

--------

Here's his "This Morning" appearance

and here's his homepage www.thestreaker.org.uk

The guy's a hero if you ask me! Laughing
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call him a hero. But he is sure entertaining!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He does something that 99.99999% of people would be too self-conscious to even consider - if that doesn't make him a hero I don't know what does!

DGAF - I'm guessing that means "Don't Give A Fuck" - a cracking philosphy and one which I hold dear... haha
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
He does something that 99.99999% of people would be too self-conscious to even consider - if that doesn't make him a hero I don't know what does!

DGAF - I'm guessing that means "Don't Give A Fuck" - a cracking philosphy and one which I hold dear... haha

Hero to me is something much different. But if he is one of yours, that's fine with me Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a laugh and knows how to upset the applecart, that's enough for me.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like what the guy is doing, as there are children at these events, but I don't think it's right that they take his passport away. That is what I find most disturbing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone remember when some guy streaked an American awards show a few years ago? I think it was the Oscars but I could be wrong. Streakers, streakers everywhere! Smile
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least be good looking and have a hot bod! lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:

A good point, pirty....... I think the only way to make sure that happens though is to have some sort of a "Streakers Union" Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:

A good point, pirty....... I think the only way to make sure that happens though is to have some sort of a "Streakers Union" Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing definitely. It'll be the only union I'll be all for! :-)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
I don't like what the guy is doing, as there are children at these events, but I don't think it's right that they take his passport away. That is what I find most disturbing.

I'd reckon children would probably find it funniest of all and it's not as if he's got any kind of sexual tone about his malarkey.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:

I'd reckon children would probably find it funniest of all and it's not as if he's got any kind of sexual tone about his malarkey.

Yeah, I know it's not sexual in nature, but still, I'd prefer not to have my young child see a naked guy running around. I know the naked body is natural, but I don't want that stuff around my kid. A real young one at least. By the way, I don't have kids...lol! but when I do have 'em, that's how I'll feel about it...lol! It is funny and gives one something to talk about to friends and family afterwards. There are Pros and Cons, but the biggest con of all is his freedom being taken away although he's not been charged with a crime so to speak. Put him in jail or put an ankle thingy on. Don't restrict him from leaving the country. Geez. Maybe they should keep the ban, and if he breaks it in 3 years, then throw him in jail. That'll teach anyone who is normally a good egg. Jail is no picnic. A hard lesson will be learned then.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hijack your thread, faceless. But this is worth it...

(be warned, includes nudity)

Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's just funny !!!! Laughing
luke

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwaarn girl Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: