XBox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cori

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: XBox Reply with quote

Here's the prob:
son was given pc as a gift
friend came over shifted my surfboard modem to linksys router, hardwired son's pc to router
okay we both have internet access
probs are I am now unconnectable when u/l & d/l torrents and
in order for son to use xbox online we must disconnect moi & connect his xbox directly to the modem, will not work off the router.

As I am not the most technically savvy, we need help!!!!!

BTW I have set the router up for ports & games and have disabled the fire wall, any help will help!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should go into the modem's router settings via your browser (you'll see the address in your manual, but it will start with http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx) and once you're in there you should find the settings to sort it. The person who installed it should have known that - give him/her a flea in their ear from me!
cori

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm okay on accessing the router, now my questions are; are there port ranges for the xbox? and do I apply I think it's for protocal both, tcp or I forget the other, doh, sound like a simpson.also there is a range of ip add from xxx.xxx.xxx.100-149 I have set 100 as mine does that make sense?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these seem to be the xbox ports, though I'm not certain as I've never used one.

your ip range should be irrelevant
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this will help .....

Dig into M$ Windows XP—and discover how you can really put its networking features to work! Whether you’re running a network at home or for a small or medium-size business, this expert reference comes packed with timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds—all in concise, fast-answer format. It’s all muscle and no fluff. Discover the best and fastest ways to perform everyday networking tasks, and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery! • From Ethernet to WiFi, match the right network solution to your needs • Configure your Internet, news, and e-mail connections • Tweak network settings and protocols for better performance • Share resources and data—while protecting privacy and security • Thwart network intruders with firewalls, security zones, encryption, and other defenses • Work anywhere with RAS, Remote Desktop, VPN, wireless, and interconnectivity solutions • Manage workgroup connections and domain networking • Use the latest version of M$ Internet Information Services (IIS) to develop and test your Web site • Optimize network performance with expert troubleshooting techniques and tools

You can get it Here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: