doctor john, and 10 years of success.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: doctor john, and 10 years of success. Reply with quote

doctor john, about 5 minutes ago on radio 5 live.

"All I can say is what I believe in, and that is that the home office has produced a lot of success over the last ten years. That's why crimes has been cut by over a third, why we have more police than ever before, why we have built more prison places than ever before".

My question doc, is, why if crime has come down by more than a third why hasn't the prison places also come down by a third, instead of increasing to overflow. And why should any home secretary of any political party think that having more police should in any way be considered as a success.

It is just that sort subliminal shite that really pees me off.

Prat.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he not commenting on overall crime statistics rather than the crimes that make people uneasy - like murder, rape, etc?
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, there was a copper on a few minutes later, and he said that the figures are massaged. As an example, if attempted burglary used to be considered as a crime, it is now considered as a misdemeanour, and so doesn't show up. I don't know if it is now a misdemeanour, I forget what exactly his example was. Bit cynical though, surprise surprise.

he also said the the cps will only prosecute if the case has a 97% or above likelihood of conviction. Which must mean that it is only the very stupid who get to feel the wrath of the "system".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: