Britons floss with screwdrivers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Britons floss with screwdrivers Reply with quote

More than 60 percent of Britons use items such as screwdrivers, scissors and earrings to remove food from between their teeth, according to a survey on Friday.

The National Dental Survey found that when it comes to oral hygiene, people use whatever is close to hand to pick their teeth.

More than 60 percent questioned by the Dental Health Foundation said they used makeshift items, which included knives, keys, needles and forks.

The survey also found that 23 percent of people choose to leave food stuck between their teeth, increasing the risk of gum disease and bad breath, the foundation, which promotes oral health, said in a statement.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure the same results would be here also.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I am sure the same results would be here also.

There are some parts of the states (not just trailer parks either) where they could use tyre irons or even pick axes to remove the food stuck between their teeth.

It's the one thing I hate about the peeps of the USA (in the usa)... they expect everybody in the UK to have bad teeth...
(just like we expect the french to smell & their women to have hairy pits).

This comes from the minority of 'beautiful people' who have had the equiv' $'s spent on dentistry over their childhood/teens as most would almost buy a house for...
Whilst they feel that the NHS is the only way the UK populas can have their teeth done. Sad

Funny how many poor nations have wonderous Teeth...
Yet the not so well of majority of the USA have some of the worst dental problems in the world...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for flossing and good oral hygiene but, here's a couple of things I encountered that really turned me off:

One day I was teaching a class (adult education) and had put on a movie regarding some subject matter we were studying. I look to the back of the room and there's a girl sitting with her feet on the desk and a wad of dental floss in her hand, going to town on her teeth. She just couldn't understand why I asked her to do this on her break, in the washroom. "But I have to go to the dentist after class".

And there is this one nurse I work with, very "stuffy" and into everything healthy, very prim and proper. Well, every day after her meal, she pulls out her dental floss and starts flossing right at the kitchen table..... honest to goodness, I half expect a hygenist to come out of the woodwork for a polishing! I'm always so disgusted by it that I can't even bring myself around to asking her to do it somewhere else.

What I'd like to know is when it became acceptable to just do your dental hygiene in public????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: