Jon Gaunt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Jon Gaunt Reply with quote

I'm just listening to the first part of tonight's show and Galloway is on about the "Clash of the Titans" show that was on Talksport tonight, which he was blocked from attending by another broadcaster on the same station, John Gaunt.

I listened to Gaunt for the first time last week and noticed that he seemed to be a high-pitched arsehole who was appealing to the lowest common denonminator, and so it seems that I'm not the only one to think that!

The caller in the show I'm hearing just now is basically livid that Gaunt is given the opportunity to spout his bigoted, ignorant right-wing bullshit and he's not wrong. The fact is, it's easier to appeal to people's fears than to their strengths, and Gaunt does just that.

Here's his wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Gaunt and on it you can see that he has had 3 of 5 complaints against him upheld, and when you consider that you can basically say anything you want in Britain if it's backed up by facts and intelligence it's clear that this guy is nothing more than a cock.
nekokate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest is that George has been issued a gagging order - he's no longer allowed to talk about Gaunt on his shows.

Democracy in action? Mad
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
The latest is that George has been issued a gagging order - he's no longer allowed to talk about Gaunt on his shows.

Democracy in action? Mad

Where did you hear that? It did sound like he'd been told to "toe the company line" when Gaunt was mentioned earlier...

What a pathetic piece of work that slimy little prick is.
mickyv

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What a pathetic piece of work that slimy little prick is"

I second that emotion !

It seems that either GG has indeed been issued a gagging order, or he doesn't want to give that low-life any further attention. Ironic though that he is presently standing in on his slots & has to say so quite a lot (!), anyhow let's hope that it becomes permanent !
nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hear anything for definite, but it's become very apparent from just listening to the shows that he's not allowed to say the name "John Gaunt" in any reference other than a passive mention. He even reads out emails and texts, and if they mention Gaunt, he kind of trails off like "dear George, you're so much better than that idiot Joh.... oh, we can't talk about that..."
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I don't think I'd want him to get a daily show of 3 hours because it would mean so much work to keep up with! But a couple of 3 hour shows per week at the weekends would be ideal as that wouldn't be overkill. Though it has been good to hear Galloway shouting at the type of idiot who phones in and says crap like "These share-traders deserve to be able to get massive bonuses" when they're earning pennies compared and would be treated as scum by those those share-traders.

I'm getting off the point here though - Gaunt's a tosser! haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: