Tracker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vegas
Diamond Geezer

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Tracker Reply with quote

Are there any plans to introduce a torrent tracker to the site.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure would be nice... would help with some d/ls etc...

I have been meaning to set up a seeder box (100MB per sec server in a distant location) for some time now...
Will see how my funds are over the next week or few... It could be used as a dumping ground to feed a tracker her at the couch (as well as my other need (music)) & allow some very nice speeds....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will sort a tracker before long, but meanwhile there's sites like

www.sendspace.com for files up to 300mb with unlimited downloads

and

www.transferbigfiles.com/Default.aspx - for files up to 1gb and a maximum of 20 downloads

Anyone and everyone can upload and share anything they like ... You just upload the file and then post the link to them in the relevant section and that's it. No messing about really.

Joker, if you do get that server setup then that could be great of course - though why do torrents when there's 100mb going spare?!
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
though why do torrents when there's 100mb going spare?!

As much as I would love to dedicate the full bandwidth of a 100MB per sec seeder box to just the couch, it's not a viable option & thus would be shared with my other up/down passion which is music... so torrenting would ease some of the bandwidth.
It's a space on the HD issue too that makes the use of torrent a more viable option...

Say for instance we had 20 gig sitting around for a month on the seeder box, that would be 20 gig less to throw back into the music community that is torrent based.
The last seeder box I ran, I had a turn over of 70 gig a week that would be flushed almost daily... could have done more had I the time....
Back to the if we had 20 gig sitting, it would mean extra management of the box to keep the couchers files on it whilst flushing it to make way for new...
If torrented, then some peeps may feel the want or need to 'store' some stuff to help the archeives (if you get my drift).

Lets see what I can affoard to throw at it as far as drive size etc....
The beauty of the seeder box is of course unlimited downloads & great speeds...
Thus no being in a queue to download or hitting a max limit such as sendspace lite.

Gotta pay some medical bills, lawyers fees & gear up the beach house for this summers renters, so as I say a week or few off yet, but certainly will happen.
(Going to allow myself extra time away from work too.... time is something I seem to run out off on a daily basis juggling work, wife, kids, dogs etc... even in my 'wide awake' periods there seems to be less time... perhaps I'm just getting too old.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I've set up a torrent trader (lite) - the same one as we had up until the Big Brother freaks forced change!

If anyone wants to upload anything let me know and I'll give you the details.
white

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: cant access tracker Reply with quote

ok this is doin my head in i cannot log on to the tracker it tells me im not logged in HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP :grr:
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: cant access tracker Reply with quote

white wrote:
ok this is doin my head in i cannot log on to the tracker it tells me im not logged in HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP :grr:

You need to sign up to it separately
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: