admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy Hook Shooting

read live blog of events

I really hope the numbers have been exaggerated/mistaken... bloody hell
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Face the numbers are correct 20 children ages bettween 5 and 10 6 adults and the shooter killed himself ......So Unreal .....I cannot type about it ....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why America Lets the Killings Continue
GREGORY GIBSON
December 14, 2012
nytimes.com

MY wife and I learned about the Connecticut school shootings on our way home from the cemetery, where we had just finished observing the 20th anniversary of our son’s murder.

Our son Galen, who was 18, and a teacher were killed on Dec. 14, 1992, by a deranged student who went on a shooting rampage at Simon’s Rock College in western Massachusetts. Galen was a gifted kid, and Simon’s Rock seemed like the perfect place for him. He’d never been happier. The killer had a vastly different reaction to this environment. After run-ins with college officials, he vowed to “bring the college to its knees.” He bought an SKS at a gun shop down the road, and obtained oversize clips and ammunition through the mail.

In the wake of Galen’s murder, I wrote a book about the shooting. In it I suggested that we view gun crime as a public health issue, much the same as smoking or pesticides. I spent a number of years attending rallies, signing petitions, writing letters and making speeches, but eventually I gave up. Gun control, such a live issue in the “early” days of school shootings, inexplicably became a third-rail issue for politicians.

I came to realize that, in essence, this is the way we in America want things to be. We want our freedom, and we want our firearms, and if we have to endure the occasional school shooting, so be it. A terrible shame, but hey — didn’t some guy in China just do the same thing with a knife? Still, whatever your position on gun control, it is impossible not to react with horror to news of the shootings in Connecticut. Our horror is nuanced by knowledge of what those families are going through, and what they will have to endure in years to come.

More horrible still — to me at least — is the inevitable lament, “How could we have let this happen?” It is a horrible question because the answer is so simple. Make it easy for people to get guns and things like this will happen. Children will continue to pay for a freedom their elders enjoy.

Gregory Gibson is the author of “Gone Boy: A Father’s Search for the Truth in His Son’s Murder.”

-----------------

Aja, it's twisted for sure. Like the man who wrote this piece, I blame the American mentality for this and other similar crimes. All the other variables (availability of weapons, insanity, etc) are widespread across other countries, but these events just don't happen in other countries to anywhere near the same extent.

Americans are to blame for this, but they won't accept that blame.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victims identified in Connecticut elementary school shooting
Updated at 04:20 PM today

NEWTOWN, Conn. - December 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have released the names of the 26 people gunned down in a rampage at a Connecticut elementary school.

Charlotte Bacon, 6

Daniel Barden, 7

Rachel Davino, 29

Olivia Engel, 6

Josephine Gay, 7

Ana Marquez-Greene, 6

Dylan Hockley, 6

Dawn Hocksprung, 47

Madeline Hsu, 6

Catherine Hubbard, 6

Chase Kowalski, 7

Jesse Lewis, 6

James Mattioli, 6

Grace McDonnell, 7

Anne Marie Murphy, 52

Emilie Parker, 6

Jack Pinto, 6

Noah Pozner, 6

Caroline Previdi, 6

Jessica Rekos, 6

Avielle Richman, 6

Lauren Russeau, 30

Mary Sherlach, 56

Victoria Soto, 27

Benjamin Wheeler, 6

Allison Wyatt, 6

All six adults killed at the school were women. Of the 20 children who were shot to death, eight were boys and 12 were girls. All the children were ages 6 or 7. Investigators are trying to learn more about 20-year-old gunman Adam Lanza, who killed himself after the massacre.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He shot some of them up to 11 times. I can't fathom how this happens.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know yesterday Anissa called me sobbing her heart out ....I Had not shed a tear at that point ....I told her to get a grip to take the images out of her mind ....and keep them away .....and that I was a cynical old women ....and things would be ok .... but in my heart of hearts ....I so cannot understand this ..... and now I am trying so hard to keep these images from my mind .....
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a hard time with it myself. I spent the better part of the afternoon it happened just crying. I taught elementary for so many years and was an elementary school counselor as well. Every child that walked the halls and graced my classroom I loved deeply and knew I would do anything for, even put my own life on the line. These teachers did just that I know the terror they must of felt. But I cannot imagine what those poor babies felt and the agony their family feels or the community. I am horrified.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utah sixth-grader brings gun to school, fearing another Newtown
Andrew Khouri
December 18, 2012

On the first school day after the Newtown, Conn., shooting, an 11-year-old boy brought a gun to his Utah elementary school, apparently fearful a similar massacre could happen there, officials said Tuesday. Granite School District spokesman Ben Horsley said the sixth-grader at West Kearns Elementary School allegedly waved a .22-caliber handgun at three students Monday during a lunch recess. The students were on a soccer field at the time, he said.

The student told police he brought the gun for protection in the wake of the Connecticut school shooting that left 20 first-graders dead, Horsley said. “He wanted to defend himself and his friends, based on what he’s seen on the news,” Horsley said the boy told police.

Around 3 p.m., a teacher was told the student had a gun and immediately grabbed the boy, Horsley said. The handgun was found in the student’s backpack and was unloaded, he said. The gun belonged to an extended family member that was temporarily staying at the boy's home, Horsley said. He declined to elaborate.

On Monday, teachers in the district held "age-appropriate" discussions with students regarding the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary, Horsley said. The district also asked its police officers to make themselves more visible. “We wanted the kids to recognize that they were on site,” he said.

The student was arrested on suspicion of possession of a deadly weapon on school property and aggravated assault. “Considering the potential outcomes that could have resulted, we are very pleased this outcome occurred,” Horsley said.

------------------

When I was a kid we were supposed to be scared of nuclear devastation. Not one kid brought a hydrogen bomb to school "just in case"
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to stop watching and reading the coverage for a bit. I keep having nightmares I am back in my sixth grade classroom and it happens.
For all of those involved I can't even imagine the waking nightmare they have each day.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open Letter To Gun-Toting, Tyranny-Fighting Americans

click to read
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Year in Mass Shootings
gawker.com
26th December 2013

Since 1968, at least 1.4 million Americans have been killed by guns—more than all the U.S.'s accumulated war dead in that same period. Any way you look at it, 2013 was another killer year for arms manufacturers and armed bullies.

There is much debate over how to define a "mass shooting." The FBI classifies a mass murder as four fatalities, not including the killer. Mother Jones uses that, plus several situational criteria, for a mass shooting. The Redditors at "Guns Are Cool" considers any time four people are shot (not killed) a mass shooting, and with good reason: "The most obscene incidents of gun violence usually do not make the mainstream news at all."

Even by the stringent federal criteria—which we use below, representing but a fraction of all U.S. victims of gun violence—this has been a bloody year.

January

7 - Tulsa, Oklahoma: Four women ranging in ages from 23 to 55 were found in their apartment shot dead with their hands tied behind their backs. A pair of brothers was arrested for allegedly robbing and killing them.

19 - Albuquerque, New Mexico: 15-year-old Nehemiah Gringo allegedly used an AR-15 to kill his entire family—his gang-member-turned-preacher father, his mother, a 9-year-old brother, and two sisters, ages 5 and 2. He also reportedly had plans to shoot up a Walmart.

March

13 - Herkimer, New York: A 64-year-old "loner" died in a gun-battle with police after he killed four at a barbershop and oil-lube shop. He also killed a 2-year-old police dog, Ape, before succumbing.
April

18 - Akron, Ohio: Two men and two women ranging in ages from 19 to 23 were lined up in their basement and shot in the head point-blank. Two men have been arrested in connection with the murders.

22 - Federal Way, Washington: A man with a carry license killed his girlfriend, then shot three other neighbors in her apartment complex to death before himself being killed by shots from eight police officers.

24 - Manchester, Illinois: A man angered over a custody dispute killed five of his daughter's mother's family members in their home, then led police on a high-speed chase. He later died in officers' custody.

28 - Ottawa, Kansas: A man allegedly murdered his best friend and a roommate before raping the best friend's girlfriend, then shooting her and her 18-month-old daughter to death. The shooter, who awaits trial, says he "ain't never hurt no man that didn't have it coming."

May

11 - Waynesville, Indiana: Four people were shot in their rural home. After a search of the home turned up meth, police concluded the killings were drug-related. The following month, a suspect who was already in jail was arrested for the murders.

13 - Fernley, Nevada: A man killed two couples in their homes over Mother's Day weekend, burning their houses. He also slew a newspaper deliveryman and stole his truck.

June

7 - Santa Monica, California: An emotionally troubled 23-year-old with 1,300 rounds of ammunition killed his father and brother before going on a rampage that killed three more at Santa Monica College. The gunman was killed on campus by police.

July

26 - Hialeah, Florida: A workout enthusiast under scrutiny for sending abusive emails to an ex-employer killed the husband-and-wife managers of his apartment, then murdered four more neighbors before taking hostages. He was killed by police; the hostages were unharmed.

26 - Clarksburg, West Virginia: A gunman killed two in a suspected drug house, then while fleeing shot and killed a 70-year-old man and his 47-year-old son who were in the neighborhood to deliver the local paper.

August

7 - Dallas, Texas: A former teacher and football coach killed his girlfriend, estranged wife, and two of their children before police arrested him.

14 - Oklahoma City: A "weird" 40-year-old man killed his mother, sister, niece, and a 7-month-old nephew with a .380 pistol. He currently awaits trial.

September

11 - Crab Orchard, Tennessee: A man and a woman were arrested for killing four people, ages 16 to 22, in their car during a robbery that followed a botched marijuana deal.

16 - Washington, D.C.: A military contractor who claimed to hear voices murdered 12 ex-coworkers with a sawed-off shotgun at the federal Navy Yard before he was killed by police.

20 - Rice, Texas: A woman killed her husband, their three sons, and herself in their apartment. The husband had been arrested for a domestic violence charge two weeks before.

October

9 - Paris, Texas: Four people were found dead in a home; it's not yet clear what transpired or who killed them.

26 - Phoenix, Arizona: A man who was allegedly thrown into a rage over the neighbors' two barking dogs killed the animals, then his four neighbors, then himself with a pump-action shotgun.

28 - Terrell, Texas: A man who "appeared to be intoxicated" killed five people, including a convenience store clerk, at four locations before police caught him.

29 - Callison, South Carolina: A man killed his ex-girlfriend, her parents, and two of her children before taking his own life.

November

7 - Jacksonville, Florida: Two men and their girlfriends were killed in what appeared to be a planned drive-by shooting. The suspects are at large.

23 - Tulsa, Oklahoma: Four people were killed in a suspected meth house. No suspects have been arrested.

December

1 - Topeka, Kansas: Four people were killed at a house in the town's southwest section. No suspects have been named.

3 - Alma, Arkansas: After arriving home with them, a man killed his daughter's boyfriend in the car, then killed his 4-month-old grandson while he lay in his car seat. He pursued his daughter and four-year-old granddaughter into the backyard, killing the granddaughter before turning the gun on himself.

3 - Erwin, Tennessee: A man with a record of domestic unrest killed his wife, son, and daughter before committing suicide.

8 - Manchester, Connecticut: A man killed his ex-girlfriend and two friends, then fled with the couple's 13-month-old child. When confronted outside by police, he set the child down on the ground and fatally shot himself.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elliot Rodger's Retribution
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Let's give these nutters the attention they crave. This one should have just used some of his daddies money to get himself laid now and again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: