ADL says I'm anti-semitic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MegaChairmanMao

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: ADL says I'm anti-semitic Reply with quote

The ADL commissioned a daft survey to measure anti-semitism that some websites are calling "flawed", "odd" and "potentially misleading":

Quote:
Yesterday the Anti-Defamation League released the ADL Global 100, a worldwide study of anti-Semitic attitudes.

It’s a big, comprehensive report, and it includes some fascinating results — Iran, for instance, has less anti-Semitism than anywhere else in the Middle East or North Africa. And 35 percent of the world’s population has never even heard of the Holocaust, which is horrifying.

But the way the organization decided to measure hatred of Jewish people is a little bit odd and potentially misleading, and it highlights how tricky it is to track this sort of thing across different cultures.

The ADL presented respondents with 11 statements and asked them whether each was “probably true” or “probably false” — things like “Jews are more loyal to Israel than to [this country/the countries they live in]” or “People hate Jews because of the way Jews behave.” If someone said that six or more of the statements were “probably true,” they were counted as harboring anti-Semitic attitudes — five or fewer, and they weren’t.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/05/adls-flawed-anti-semitism-survey.html

You can see the questions and take the test yourself here (you'll need to turn javascript on): http://global100.adl.org/#compare

I thought ten out of the eleven were "probably true". The only one I thought was "probably false" was "Jews are responsible for most of the world's wars".

These sensationalist Jewish groups make a business out of over-hyping the anti-semitic threat and seeing Hitler everywhere. I don't take them seriously.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The questions were so biased and idiotic that it makes a mockery of the whole concept of a survey.

Arabs are Semites, so how can they be anti-Semites? It's pish!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: