Daft drunk bugger narrowly avoids death

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Daft drunk bugger narrowly avoids death Reply with quote

Drinker Lucky To Be Alive
Friday December 15, 2006

A man who drank so much that he collapsed and passed out with his head on a railway line has been ordered to do community service by a court. Kevin Craswell, a former company director who is now unemployed, risked being electrocuted or being hit by a train after drinking a "lethal" amount.

CCTV footage of the incident at Epsom railway station in March captured by a police helicopter showed a train being diverted to avoid striking him. He was sentenced by Redhill magistrates in Surrey after pleading guilty to a charge of obstructing the railway by neglect. The alcoholic faced up to six months in prison when he appeared in court. But magistrate Ron Fewtrell said he did not believe Craswell intended to harm people. He ordered the defendant to undertake community service, a community order and to pay compensation to the rail company.

British Transport Policeman Keith Board said: "It was truly remarkable that he wasn't struck by a train or fatally electrocuted. The position he collapsed in meant his feet were only a short distance from the live rail. I've never seen anything like it in all my years of policing," he said.

Craswell, 48 and from Ashtead, was taken to hospital for treatment. Doctors said he had drunk a potentially-lethal amount of alcohol. PC Board said: "In total, four railway lines were impacted, costing almost ?8,000 in delays. Trains had to stop running and the power was turned off so that police and emergency crews could safely get to him. This certainly wasn't the sort of case we see every day, but it highlights the dangers of trespassing on the railways and in particular that being intoxicated near the railway can have very serious consequences."

-----------------

The drunk angels must have been watching over him - they've saved me a few times too! haha
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly bugger. I wonder where his mates were? Maybe they put him there! You know, I laugh, but it's the kind of thing my husband would do when he partakes a bit too much.

Laughing
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this man realizes how lucky he was....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firemen called to rescue beer
2 Feb 11
thelocal.de

A drunk man at the Kaiserslautern train station sounded a fire alarm Wednesday in hopes that fire fighters would rescue his beer, police reported. He is now under investigation for the misuse of emergency services.

The 44-year-old had stepped off a train along with a 28-year-old friend for a smoke break at the station in the Rhineland-Palatinate city. But the duo were dismayed to see the train drive away without them – carrying a bag full of beer they’d left behind, according to the police statement. Panicked, the older man broke through the protective glass around a fire alarm, prompting Kaiserslautern fire fighters to rush onto the scene.

“There was no real emergency,” the statement said. “Because there was no other contact person on the platform, the drunk man sounded the alarm.” Authorities determined that he had a blood alcohol content of 1.95 promille, or .195 percent. The man also injured his hand while breaking the glass casing around the alarm, they said.

----------------------

There was no real emergency? I beg to differ - the guy would have sobered up! These 'authorities' really don't know anything...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Station Slipups

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: