quitting smoking
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - you guys make me thankful I'm not a smoker nor a coffee drinker! I just love my cups o' tea!!
dancingswan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: quitting smoking Reply with quote

luke wrote:
i've decided to try and quit smoking. i've been thinking i should do for the last 15 years or so, and i gave it some real thought over new year, but that didn't really work out.

i know all the arguments for quitting, the health benefits, the money, but what really bugs me is being addicted - having to smoke. i don't want to be addicted anymore, i don't want to have to smoke anymore

anyone managed to quit? anyone got any tips?

i've decided i'm going to cut down bit by bit, which i think will be easier than just stopping ...

i started cutting down monday, and did alright that day, but i've kinda lost it the last few days, but i'm back with the program tomorrow Smile

I also want to quit. I tried but doing it drastically didn't work. So now I'm cutting down gradually til it's out of my system. Sad
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some that's the best way....have you tried the gum or the patch?
luke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't believe i started this thread in 2011 ...

well, fast forward to today, and i'm still smoking Sad

anyone tried electronic cigarettes?

i tried some a year or so back, including an e cigar - some guy had a load of different types in the pub, and i bought a disposable the other day to cover myself for an evening where it was going to be a hassle smoking, and it was surprisingly alright!

i've noticed them being more widely available in shops the last few months, and i've been doing a bit of research, you can get refillable/rechargeable ones, and it seems a lot cheaper than normal cigarettes and rolling baccy.

for one unit, the refills are £6.99, and that works out at the equivalent of 125 cigs!

these are the two i'm currently looking into, because i can get the refills in local shops and sainsburys etc so don't have to keep buying them online, but theres loads of different types available. i was wondering if anyone else has tried them?

http://www.10motives.com/

http://www.e-lites.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: